The website links below may have some useful advice, but not all are accurate and you should beware both of any site that promises a ‘miracle cure’ and of all the scare stories which abound on the internet. Remember that our website exists specifically because so much misleading information has been put about.
- Your nearest clinic – list of sexual health clinics around the country.
Type your postcode in the box.
If you click to be seen ‘within three hours’ you may be offered a clinic a long way off.
- Guidelines for doctors – for treating herpes simplex
from BASHH (the British Association of Sexual Health and HIV), updated October 2014
- The fpa – information on contraception and sexually transmitted infections
- The Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology has a patient information leaflet on childbirth and genital herpes.
- Jo’s cervical cancer trust – the UK’s only charity dedicated to those affected by cervical cancer and cervical abnormalities. It offers a range of online and face-to-face support and information including: information materials, helpline 0808 802 8000, online forum, local support groups and an ‘Ask the Expert’ service.
- British Association of Dermatologists – leaflets on skin conditions including herpes simplex and shingles.
- Patient.info – gives a list of patient support groups.
The website link below may be useful to some people with genital herpes simplex. Please remember that just because your ‘cold sore’ is on your genitals, you do not have to date only other people with ‘cold sores on the genitals’. Also, when reading posts in the forums or chatrooms, please be aware that once people get over their concerns and are happy again, they are unlikely to come back and put a post saying ‘I’m cheerful and over it – you don’t need to be miserable’ are they? One third of the people who don’t renew their subscription to SPHERE say it is becuase they are now with a husband/wife/partner and don’t need it any more.
- H-YPE! [social site]
An acronym for ‘Herpes – Your Positive Experience’. He says “The UK’s No1 Herpes/HPV dating and community site. A seriously cool place to make friends with sometHing in common. Take the leap and join the H-YPE! You’ll be so glad you did.” We say “They have lively events – in contrast to the HVA’s quieter ones where you can talk about your experiences and concerns with others in exactly the same situation, and get some counselling/information. Learn from us how to talk to a new partner and you won’t need a ‘specialist’ dating site! They do have good parties though!”
- Buy Genital Herpes Treatment Online from MedExpress
MedExpress is a registered internet pharmacy which offers treatments for patients who have been diagnosed with herpes simplex (genital herpes).
MedExpress offers aciclovir and valaciclovir anti-viral medication for the treatment of current or future outbreaks as well as supression courses.
MedExpress charges £19.99 for a single course of aciclovir (15 x 400mg tablets) and £49.99 for a suppression course of 3 months (168 x 400mg tablets).
The service is completely confidential and they offer discreet, next day delivery and they offer a lowest price guarantee.
Hyperlinking to us
You may link to this site. However, you are not permitted to load our pages into frames on your site.
Links from us
We have no responsibility for the content or reliability of any linked websites. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of linked pages.
For any queries regarding the content of the site, email: email@example.com