Sites that could help: useful links
The website links below may have some useful advice, but not all are accurate and you should beware both of any site that promises a ‘miracle cure’ and of all the scare stories which abound on the internet. Remember that our website exists specifically because so much misleading information has been put about.
- Your nearest clinic – list of sexual health clinics around the country. Type your postcode in the box. When you click to be seen ‘within three hours’ you may be offered a clinic a long way off.
- Guidelines for doctors – for treating herpes simplex
above link takes you to the management guidelines written by the expert doctors at BASHH (the British Association of Sexual Health and HIV), updated October 2014
- The New Zealand Herpes Foundation has good ideas and a great attitude.
- Video by ‘Come Curious’ We BOTH have HERPES I Come Curious These girls talk frankly about their herpes and give useful facts.
- The Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology have a patient information leaflet on childbirth and genital herpes. Or you can read the formal management guideline for doctors on genital herpes in pregnancy that the RCOG has written together with the herpes simplex experts at BASHH.
- Brook for young people – information on all aspects of sexual health
- Jo’s cervical cancer trust – the UK’s only charity dedicated to those affected by cervical cancer and cervical abnormalities. It offers a range of online and face-to-face support and information including: information materials, helpline 0808 802 8000, online forum, local support groups and an ‘Ask the Expert’ service.
- Jab’s for the boys [goes live 13th December 2017] is campaigning to get boys vaccinated against wart virus (against the strains that cause oral and anal cancers) in their teens just like the girls do already.
- British Association of Dermatologists – leaflets on skin conditions including herpes simplex and shingles.
- Patient.info – gives a list of patient support groups.
- SkillsPlatform offers training for healthcare professionals on sexual health topics.
- We are a member of the Sex Education Forum
- We are a Pain UK member
- Buy Genital Herpes Treatment Online from MedExpress
MedExpress is a registered internet pharmacy which offers treatments for patients who have been diagnosed with herpes simplex (genital herpes).
This e-chemist/doctor offers aciclovir and valaciclovir anti-viral medication for the treatment of current or future outbreaks as well as suppression courses.
MedExpress charges £19.99 for a single course of aciclovir (15 x 400mg tablets) and £49.99 for a suppression course of 3 months (168 x 400mg tablets).
The service is completely confidential and they offer discreet, next day delivery and they offer a lowest price guarantee.
Hyperlinking to us
You may link to this site. However, you are not permitted to load our pages into frames on your site.
Links from us
We have no responsibility for the content or reliability of any linked websites. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of linked pages.
For any queries regarding the content of the site, email: [email protected]
Tingler describes itself as “the best FREE and fastest growing Dating Site for people with cold sores anywhere (also known as genital herpes)” Check it out!
This page was updated 19-1-2022